Events

Sandwiching in History: The Old Mill

April 3, 2020 12 PM to April 3, 2020 1PM

The Old Mill - 3800 Lakeshore Drive, North Little rock AR



Additional Event Details


Old Mill, T. R. Pugh Memorial Park, 3800 Lakeshore Dr., North Little Rock (April 3)

Famous for being featured during the opening credits of the film Gone with the Wind, the Old Mill was built in early 1939 for the Justin Matthews Company as part of their new Lakewood development. Designed by local architect Frank Carmean and constructed by noted Mexican sculptor Dionicio Rodriguez using a folk art style of intricate concrete work known as faux bois (fake wood).


This is event is free and open to the public. This event does not require an RSVP.Those attending the tours are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes, seasonally and weather appropriate clothing, and exercise respect for property owners and pedestrians when parking. Tours generally occur rain or shine, however those interested should follow the AHPP’s Facebook page for any last minute news about tours as severe weather has caused postponements or rescheduling in the past.


 


Add to Calendar 4/3/2020 12PM 4/3/2020 1PM America/Chicago Sandwiching in History: The Old Mill The Old Mill 3800 Lakeshore Drive North Little rock, AR 72116 MM/DD/YYYY
Go Back