Arkansas Historic Places Film Prize
AHPP announces the Arkansas Historic Film Prize for high school students, sponsored by the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program and the Arkansas Humanities Council in partnership with Arkansas Educational Television Network’s Student Selects: A Young Filmmakers Showcase. The competition honors documentaries made by high school students about any historic site in the state. Films must be between five and fifteen minutes long and must be about a historic site (building, archeological site, or other site with historic significance) that is at least fifty years old or older. Sites do not have to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places, although they may be.
Winners will be shown during a screening at Ron Robinson Theater on May 11, 2017, and will be considered for inclusion in the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival in October of 2017
There is one Grand Prize winner who will receive $1000. A 1st Place winner to receive $500, a 2nd Place winner to receive $400, a 3rd Place winner to receive $300 and a 4th Place winner to receive $200. Schools will receive a travel grant of $150 to bring students to the May showing.
Competition Rules and Guidelines
- 1. Films must be 5 to 15 minutes in length.
- 2. Films must be non-fiction.
- 3. Formats and genres include, but are not limited to, video, animation, stop-motion, and Claymation.
- 4. We do not accept presentations in other forms, like PowerPoint.
- 5. Films must focus in some way on a historic site in the state of Arkansas that is 50 years old or older.
- 6. All entries must follow all other rules for the AETN Student Selects program. Click here to find more information on the AETN website.
The deadline for the Arkansas Historic Places Student Film Prize is March 31, 2017.
How to Enter:
Go to the AETN website and follow instructions for submitting your films. Fill out the entry form for the Student Selects program and make sure to check off the box indicating your film is also entered into the Arkansas Historic Places Student Film Prize.
Click here to e-mail for more information or call 501-324-9786.
For any questions about AETN Student Selects please contact Casey Sanders at 501-682-4190.